Water Injection. What do we agree on so far?

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Sun May 3 17:14:37 GMT 1998

Do you know how RARE that book is? I'm sure you do... Also, from what I hear
from others, it only deals with turbo/supercharged engines. We know that it
is of definite use in such engines, but whether it is of use in normally
aspirated engines, we do not know. Whether Ricardo knew or not, we don't
know, as all we are told is about the forced aspiration engines. Also, did
he use *small* amounts of water, and at what temperature? Or did he simply
put it in cold? All of these are questions that need answering. I have waded
my way through the archive, and the knowledge base has onle got to a certain
level. It would be nice if the knowledge base was extended, no matter what
the result the discussion comes up with. Simply put, there are questions
being raised which have not been answered. I'm sure that there are enough
people on the mailing list that have enough education in physics and
chemistry to be able to find the answers to all of these questions. I am not
saying that Ricardo was right, or wrong - I am saying that he found some
very interesting results, and we could take the knowledge base even further.
Like a pygmy standing on the shoulders of a giant - the pygmy will always
see further than the giant, as he is further up. What the pygmy needs to
remember is that if he always looks down at the giant, he will not even see
as much as the giant, and he is worse off than if he stood on his own two
feet. We have the questions, we have the ability to find the answers, so why
don't we find the answers (if only the theoretical ones). If someone already
has the answer (and can back it up with science), then PLEASE, let everyone
know...

Danny Barrett.