Return of the diy_EGOmeter (YES, it's finally ALIVE!!)

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Sun May 3 22:25:15 GMT 1998

> Behind the scenes, Frank and I have been trying to build the "DIY
> Standard Mark I Dragon Belch" device, an eXhaust gas simulator idea
> Frank came up with, to make a burner pipe with O2 & T-couple bungs along
> the length, and fired with a propane burner of goodly proportion,
> allowing us a controllable range of mixture and temps for testing. NO,
> it ain't gazolini-fired, but since we only wanna compare a known good
> EGOmeter to our diy gizmo, I'd be to purpose.

why not use a small gas engine for the belchometer
you can rig a custom exhaust in a matter of hours to fit
a 5-10hp waterpump engine and tinker with the carb adj to test mixtures
most of these engines will run from 20-10:1 on mixture
and you cna get this control level at the carb adj screw
this would be the range we would want to look at anyways

if you need more heat in the exhaust build a double wall pipe
and heat the otehr chamber with the outpu from your propane burner

Clive