Refrigerants

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Mon May 4 03:01:45 GMT 1998

Back again - of course you know this isn't my idea (from my previous reply
to this email). However, I've read it again... I don't think you should cool
the exhaust before the turbo too much (unless it is getting too hot), but in
turbine engines (ie. in the "Harrier jump jet"), water injection is used to
increase the mass flow, and make the thrust larger (someone has said this
before - it might be in the archives under water injection). Adding water to
your exhaust before the turbo might increase its boost. But then again, it
might not. Anyone know more about turbines who can confirm/deny this???

Danny Barrett.