Refrigerants

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Mon May 4 04:49:10 GMT 1998

On Mon, 4 May 1998 04:09:46 +1000 (EST) danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
(Danny Barrett) writes:
>Sorry, wrong again...
>got nothing to do with an intercooler, in fact nothing to do with the
intake
>air. Also, nothing to do with cooling the heads, although, I could add
it
>in, and make the thing work even better.....
>
>Danny Barrett.

Let's see...

Cool the gasoline so that it won't vaporize readily.  Inject it into the
manifold at that temperature, but hook up one of those ultrasonic
transducers that they use in the ultrasonic humidifiers.  That'll atomize
it into really small droplets that'll be too cold to readily evaporate.
That'll reduce the volume taken up by the vaporized fuel and allow more
air into the engine.

It seems to me that someone sold an ultrasonic fuel atomizer several
years ago.  Has anyone seen one, or even heard of it?  I don't think I'm
imagining things...

Ray Drouillard