Refrigerants

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Mon May 4 04:59:06 GMT 1998

Thermocouple... Hmmm... I dunno. How much energy can you get from one? It
seems to me as if we're heading toward trying to get rid of the generator
alltogether, and using something completely different to run the cars
electrics. It wouldn't be a bad idea if it can be made to work... There
wouldn't be the energy loss from turning a gen, and otherwise wasted exhaust
heat goes to a good use. I like the idea. Anyone know much about
thermocouples, etc??? On the other hand, it might be possible to run a steam
turbine (a small one) from the exhaust heat (like turbine power plants do),
and drive the gen, A/C, P/S, oil pump, water pump, etc from it...

Danny Barrett.