Junkyard shopping

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon May 4 14:28:50 GMT 1998

>        Can a 3rd party enter this?  What are 7730 ECM's worth to you?  I
>have a local U-Pull-It yard and I would gladly pull stuff for people.  The
>ECM's are cake to pull, but a harness takes me at least 3 hours to pull
>right.  I am sure there are people faster than me, but that is not the issue.

Thank you for your offer... I'm sure others will take you up on it.

As far as pulling a harness, it is a time consuming process.  I found the
most difficult spot in the connection on the firewall, especially if they
harness connectors were "sealed" with that black goo.  My solution was to
sawzall from the top of the firewall down towards the connector, then to
use a ballpeen hammer to push the cut apart, and the connector comes free.
Not practical in the junkyard I must admit, but the donor vehicle I
stripped was in my garage, making the job a lot easier.

Not that this affect anything :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-