You ALL want to know, don't you... (previously

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon May 4 14:29:00 GMT 1998

>As an asside from this, I think that my question (and the secrecy
>surrounding it) has contributed constructively to the conversation, as it
>has brought out a number of ideas which could be worth while researching,
>and developing, and hence increasing the knowledge base of the members on
>this mailing list.

Danny,

I might have been harsh on you in a prior message... however I am one of
those people you mentioned with the perception you are here to leach
informaton, run, and get a patent.  While you are entitled to, I thought it
interfered with the overall scope of the list - sharing, working together,
and mutually learning something.

Don't forget ASCII is a tough medium, its difficult for everyone to really
truly percieve what you are thinking, as no one can see your face, hear the
inflextion in your voice, etc.  The reverse is true, you cannot see us.

That aside, I for one would be very interested in your idea, as I'm in the
process of building a twin-turbo V6 Buick and have already started
constructing a refrigerant-based intercooler.  The purpose of this style
intercooler is to achieve a constant (and controllable) intake temperature
to the engine, post turbo, which is cold enough to be readily compressable
in a major way.  More air, means more fuel, means more power.  At least
until the heads blow off.

My test engine, which was a 1986 3.8L FWD engine, certainly not associated
with high performance, I was able to achieve 820HP at 6300 RPM on the dyno
before the rods flew through the side of the engine, using ice water pumped
through an intercooler welded into the intake log, integrated into the
manifold.  My final engine will not be that extreme, but you can see where
I'm going, and why I'm interested.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-