DIY_EFI Digest V3 #190

Jim Velasquez jim_velasquez at partech.com
Mon May 4 19:23:20 GMT 1998

OK, I'll throw in my 2cents worth:

I'm looking to set up a DIY_EFI on my big block Pontiac, and would be
willing to have someone pull a complete harness and ECM for me.  I'm
just starting this project, so I might even set up the system 'on the
bench' ala the 101 stuff  happening elsewhere on the list...

First off, where are you located?  It wouldn't be worth it  if shipping
parts was excessively expensive.  Isn't PSU penn state?

Also, to the list:  What would everyone suggest as the best GM ECM for
setting up a port-injected poncho?  I thought that a first guess would
be one from a GM 454 (should be close to correct values in ECM), or a
2nd choice would be from a port-injected V8.

Paul, if you'd be willing to do the removal, I'd pay a reasonable
markup- enough to at least make it 'worth your while'.   If your local
yards have reasonable enough prices, I may even be interested in other
pieces like a complete intake for the above mentioned injected 454 (and,
though I hate to admit it, I might even be willing to do a TBI as a
first project...).

Also, I'm looking for people who might be scrounging for other parts I
might be interested in for my setup... Thinks like TH200-4Rs (a 4-speed
RWD auto trans with old-style BOP mounting... perfect for updating a '72
firebird...).  Or, if they come across '70-'72 firebirds perhaps other
parts as well...

I'm sure that I'm asking way too much of a volunteer; but, as I said:
I'd be willing to pay some **reasonable** level of markup.

Regards...
Jim Velasquez

>From: Paul Tholey <pft101 at psu.edu>
>Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 01:02:51 -0400
>Subject: Junkyard shopping
>
>Shannen,
>
>        Can a 3rd party enter this?  What are 7730 ECM's worth to you?
>have a local U-Pull-It yard and I would gladly pull stuff for people.
The

Jim Velasquez                  | email: jim_velasquez at partech.com
Senior C/S Support Analyst -   | phone:    (303)444-0120 ext.5683
ParTech Inc.       NYSE: (PTC) | cellular: (303)641-4546
5757 Central Ave.              | URL:     http://www.partech.com/
Boulder CO 80301               | 24x7 Pager:303 444 0120 ext.5684