Refrigerants

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Tue May 5 04:36:41 GMT 1998

On Mon, 04 May 1998 09:58:34 -0700 Frederic Breitwieser
<frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com> writes:
>>It seems to me that someone sold an ultrasonic fuel atomizer several
>>years ago.  Has anyone seen one, or even heard of it?  I don't think
I'm
>>imagining things...
>
>Your not imagining it Ray, when Danny first posted his thoughts without
>revealing his "secret" what you suggested popped into my mind also.  I
do
>believe there are ultrasonic FI systems, but I don't think it ever made
it
>to the market.  I'm not entirely sure.
>
>May have been due to the fact that ultrasonic washing machines cost
$1500
>and motor driven "swash bucket" washers cost $250.  Might have been the
>same issue - technology to expensive at this point.
>

>Frederic Breitwieser
>Bridgeport, CT 06606
>
>Homebrew Automotive Website:
>http://www.xephic.dynip.com/
>
>1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
>1989 HMMWV
>2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

It may simply be ineffective.  After all, ultrasonic humidifiers are
pretty cheap.  I would get one and mount the transducer to my manifold,
but it might cause cracks or vibrate the thing loose or somehting
unfortunate like that.

The ad I saw (many moons ago) showed a couple of rods sitting under the
carburater.

Ray Drouillard