In car oil refinery, run by EFI.

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Tue May 5 10:40:32 GMT 1998

It all depends on the pressure inside the tubes where the mercury is.
Bsaically, it's the age old design problem of having to make an assumption
first, do the calculations, and then redesign, then calculate again,
redesign, etc.... until the calculations no longer change the design.

One VERY important point here is that Aluminum (Aluminium for us Aussies)
should not be in contact with mercury, especially if it is in the vapor
form, as mercury eats Alum's protective oxide layer, and corrodes the Alum
VERY quickly, causing a Mercury leak - not good fun!!!