And for our Next Trick ... How 'bout a diyTrionic?

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Tue May 5 15:15:02 GMT 1998

Robert Harris wrote:

> The Ionization Knock Detector looks for a specific event in the combustion
> gasses - the sudden appearance of ionization products after ignition.  Since
> this mechanism is not heavily engine material, size, fuel, temp, ambient
> noise dependent for determining its characteristics, the detection of the
> event is straightforward without the need of highly sophisticated self
> anally extracting make TI rich DSP's.   Start with a clean signal and you
> don't need the hi fangle BS to make the system work - a strange concept I
> know but once upon a time was considered the way to do things.
>
> Properly done, ION can work on everything from a lawnmower to a Multi-staged
> turbo intercooled alcohol fueled road rocket without any basic changes or
> tuning.  It simply must detect the knock related ionization event - which
> incidentally will cause a low voltage dc conduction across the spark gap.
> Simple.  Non computerized, wazoo ized and eminently doable without anything
> even approaching a DSP.

What can I say - this man obviously understands the principles of ion CURRENT
measurement perfectly well - Bob, why don't you head the development team as you
are such an expert!!!!

I would be interested in joining the ION team, as it is what I does anyways.

Tony

--
Sent By Tony Cooper.
email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)