And for our Next Trick ... How 'bout a diyTrionic?

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Tue May 5 16:30:35 GMT 1998

On Tue, 05 May 1998 16:15:36 +0100, Tony Cooper <tony.cooper at virgin.net>
wrote:

>Robert Harris wrote:
>
>> Properly done, ION can work on everything from a lawnmower to a Multi-staged
>> turbo intercooled alcohol fueled road rocket without any basic changes or
>> tuning.  It simply must detect the knock related ionization event - which
>> incidentally will cause a low voltage dc conduction across the spark gap.
>> Simple.  Non computerized, wazoo ized and eminently doable without anything
>> even approaching a DSP.
>
>What can I say - this man obviously understands the principles of ion CURRENT
>measurement perfectly well - Bob, why don't you head the development team as you
>are such an expert!!!!

Now, now; if we're gonna fight over the young lady, maybe we should wait
until she's born and grows up some. B)  But jealousy or sibling rivalry
at this point I DO take as evidence of keen interest in the plasma-baby.
Very touching.

>I would be interested in joining the ION team, as it is what I does anyways.

Consider yourself joined; there are no "entrance requirements". Just
start sniffin and contributin. I'd sure like to hear more about "it is
what I does anyways", privately if you don't wish to sound like yer
braggin, especially if you're familiar at all with this technology. I
know you, Robert, and most of the other guys from the list by name, but
I don't exactly remember what everybody's "chops" are, so I can't
remember what people do mostly. Anyway, there ain't gonna be any "select
few" (not that you were suggesting that, Tony; just thot I'd say it
outloud for clarity) other than what falls out from natural interest and
involvement as we go along, so don't anybody think we're forming a
soccer team with a limited number of players. I have a feeling the
intricacy of the topic will bench all of us at one time or another. But
with the EEs, AE's, ME's, Electrochem, and MasterMech guys on this list,
together the Summation of Fractional Wits Law will almost certainly lead
to "wit critical-mass". (Just hope it's a controlled reaction, rather
than a melt-down  B).

So let's get ION'ized.

Gar