Boingers

Robert Humphris r.humphris at indigo-avs.com
Wed May 6 08:34:27 GMT 1998

>I believe the British made an	engine that did that.
Yea, Aero engines... 12 cylinders ( or more ) with the prop bolted onto
the cylinders, round and round they went, vroooom... all that air flow
over the casing kept it nice and cool.  Not much use in a car though.

>I don't recall seeing any really impressive performance or mileage figures
for the Mazda RX7
As far as I know the displacement of the engine is 1.4litres, and it
gives performance equivalent to a 2.8.  Over in this part of the world
during the 80's Mazda did quite a bit of racing, they had a Group C Le
Mans entry, which I believe used the Rotary Engine, flat out for 24
hours, it went well.

Currently there are one or two mazda's being used over here ( Britian )
for club competetion, the most impressive being the Mazda 121, which is
a European hatchback, which has had a twin rotary engine dropped in the
front.  It runs in the Formula Saloons category ( which is a
derestricted category, any engine size in any car with any mods and any
aerodynamic aids ) and is very competitive.