Boingers

kenkelly at lucent.com kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed May 6 19:33:01 GMT 1998

I've only seen one radial that bolted the Crank to the
firewall and mounted the prop to the cylinders. It was a
Biplane from 1910 + or - 2 years. I actually saw it give a
demo flight. The rotating cylinders required a very short
exhaust pipe, and it really barked when it ran.

	If you want to see one it was at the rhienbech Airodrome in
Rheinbech, NY. During the summer months they actually put on
weekend shows where you can see WWI and earlier aircraft
fly.

		Ken