turbos, VE's etc...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed May 6 20:00:04 GMT 1998

From: Andris Skulte <askulte at emerald.tufts.edu>
To: DIY_EFI <diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, May 06, 1998 3:05 PM
Subject: turbos, VE's etc...

>I'm pretty close to putting the turbos onto the Camaro. I do have some
>fuel/timing curves for the DFI, but they are all supercharged. How do
>you figure out the VE of a turbo engine?

Nother point is turbos work off exhaust heat.  Superchargers are
mechanically linked to the engine.  So there IMHO is gonna be
alot more fugding to get it right.  I'd lean toward the syclone stuff,
and take a bunch of >bar timing out.  Like I've said plugs are
cheaper than ex valves.

>Another question is about the downpipe sizing. I'm running twin T04E
>.58AR turbos on a smallblock chevy. I plan on having 450 hp right off
>the bat,

Try for 225 and you'll probably do less backtracking.  What are you
monitoring for tuning?.
Personnaly never heard of too large of discharge pipes outta a
turbo.

Use small steps, low timing, rich, and low boost to start, and ease
your way into things.  Hurry this, and you'll find out what they mean
by debit card.

>Andris

Bruce