747 meet 730, 730 meet 165

T Hergen thergen at svn.net
Thu May 7 04:35:34 GMT 1998

I think  the sensors that get gnd and +5v such as the map and tps (not
the [heated] O2) can be shared.  I don't think they rely on a resistor
divider arrangement like the coolant temp sensor.  The map on my '92 GM
truck even appears to have an internal amplifier/buffer (can't measure
resistance, but give it gnd and +5v and a voltage that changes with
vacuum comes out [no pullup needed]).

Using an external pullup on the coolant sensor followed by an op amp may
or may not work.  Others on the list indicated that some ECMs switch in
different pullup value depending on the temperature (improves ECMs
measurement resolution over particular ranges).  If you're just using
potentiometer to simulate the coolant sensor, adjust the pot for the same
voltage in the dual ECM case as in the single and they should indicate the
same temperature.  The only time the pot may be a problem is when your
near the range where the ECMs want to switch the pullup value -- anyone
know about what temperature this happens?

What are you currently doing for the O2 in the single ECM case?

As others have stated, digital inputs should be okay.

Tom