Danny's Summary: more water injection

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Thu May 7 05:52:55 GMT 1998

This seems to be probably the best explaination that I've heard on whether
H2O injection will work or not. I have one question. This may seem llike a
silly question to you, but I'm mot farmiliar with the stuff I've left below
(from your email), so please bear with me... Since water is injected in the
liquid state, and hence displaces a negligible amount of the gases, would
the presence of steam after TDC raise the pressure within the combustion
chamber simply through the fact that there is "more there?" Or is this an
invalid assumption? Or, on the other hand, if it is correct, would the
difference made be too small to be bothered with?

Also, thanks for your info. on the patents. Unfortunately, the laws
concerning disclosure of patent details are different in Australia, and
we're not basically not alowed to tell anyone until the patent office makes
the submission open for public scrutiny. In any case, I don't yet have the
funds required to convert my car so that I could try it out, let alone get a
patent. I would have to wait until I've finished my degree, in a couple of
years.

Anyway, thanks all the same.

Danny Barrett.

>By using the Peng/Robinson Equation of State, water, NO, and CO2 exhibit
the following vapor volumes.  The
>higher the vapor volume, obviously, the greater the expansion force.
>
>water: 4544 cm3 per mole
>NO: 4499 cm3 per mole
>CO2: 4548 cm3 per mole
>
>To make a long story short...all inert gases appear to have the same effect
here??  These numbers depend on