Boingers

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Thu May 7 11:08:32 GMT 1998

That's exactly what *I* thought... The only thing is, how can you run an EFI
system on it? Also, how can you water cool the engine? if this was easily
attainable, it might make a good car engine (given a suitably designed
engine bay). You wouldn't even need a flywheel....

Basically, the pistons rotate about one "pivot" point, and the rest of the
engine rotates aropund another "pivot" point. Two circular motions, and they
even go in the same direction (it wouldn't be physically possible
otherwise)... One of the downsides would be that it wouldn't be very
responsive to the accelerator pedal, as it has all of that inertia in the
crank-case spinning. But, try as I have (in the past, as well as just now)
to figure out how it might be out of balance, I can't find any reason at
all. If, however, the crank was used like a normal ICE, then I think it
might be a different case (unless some sort of counter-balancing mechanism
is used)..

Danny Barrett.