map sensor replacement-2

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Fri May 8 02:07:41 GMT 1998

Walter wrote:

> Thanks for all you replies.
> The sensor has to be mounted on a circuit board and uses 5v
> power. It goes in a fuel injection brain from a Jaguar XJS (
> the brain goes in the trunk and there is a vacuum hose from
> it ALL the way to the engine compartment!).
> I would prefer not to have to go to the junk yard every time
> I need one. I did search the 'net' but I don't think I did
> it thoroughly enough.Will try again later. I did find an
> intersesting site:
>
> http://www.hitachi.co.jp/Div/apd/english/products/engine.html#04
>
> The Motorola part sound promising.
>
>  Walter
I have an idea.
Remove the MAP from the circuit board, get rid of the LLOONNGG vacuum
hose, and run a 3 conductor cord to the engine compartment. Drill the
intake manifold to take one of the GM on-manifold map sensors, and you
are off to the races - with a part that is as easy to get at as it is to
get.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!