drag race corolla update caution long

Duane Reed duanered at pacbell.net
Fri May 8 07:36:19 GMT 1998

hi all,
    well today was a very productive day toward completion of this project
(read charge it). even better the owner of the speed shop I work for (part
time) said he would have a poster made of my corolla and hang it in the shop
if it breaks into the 9's (he can't even spell Toyota)
    1) ordered currie foraged axles for my shortened rearend (ford 9 inch
37in flange to flange)
    2) a set of cheap foraged connecting rods made for chevy small block
(had to buy eight so I have 2 extra)
    3) ordered 32 pound hour injectors
    4) received the strange 31 spline spool
    5) a week ago received two grand national e-proms (thanks Mike I still
owe you a case of brew)
    6) back half welded into car (hope its straight?)
    7) cleaned a lot
    8) tack welded my thru the floor subframe connectors
    9) installed buick century engine harness
   10) start a list of parts for repair vw(valves), buick(engine
electronics), ford(rear end and injectors), Nissan(turbo charger), chevy(con
rods), Honda(cooling fans) and some parts are still Toyota I think?

next week or so I should be busy assembling the rear end and bolting it into
the car to get it rolling to the chassis shop for a roll cage (more money,
thank you plastic). mean while my cylinder heads are being butchered and
polished still?

problem areas that I need help with still
    1) throttle position sensor ? how can I tell (what test can I perform)
if its compatible with the buck computer Toyota is a 4 connector type and
does not look like I can modify the buick piece and it goes the other
way?(using the Toyota throttle body its bigger)
    2) cam position?  still don't know where/how the sensor gets its trigger
from. is there a spinning magnet (Frederic did you take those pictures?)
    3) ecu power?  does it run off 12v,ideas on when it shoud power up, how
should I regulated, does it need to be and fuse size

any input accepted
Duane Reed