Pressure Sensor for Flow Bench

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Fri May 8 09:48:31 GMT 1998

> Hey don't get mad, get even. How bout closing the loop by controlling
> the blower motors electronically from the PC. That way you don't have to
> mess with them valves, which are just an "orifice" way of controlling
> flow, IF the blowers are assumed to be running at a fixed speed. BUT,
> just about all the blower motors all them FlowBench guys use now are
> AC/DC motors that can be easily thyristor controlled, without
> overheating. Thas a better way than choking the poor things! A PC with a
> parallel port, and the world of blower motors is at your command.

i think a word must be said about efficiency of the fan used there,i
remember that such a thraid was did around january (or december) about
mass airflow that degenerated into a DIY flow bench,there where comment
about the fan being efficient at one RPM but not all,i think you should
look at that,i'll download the archive of these 2 month to do some
revision once i put some order in the 150 MB of stuff i have in my home
directory.

Alain