drag race corolla update caution long

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri May 8 14:48:11 GMT 1998

From: Duane Reed +ADw-duanered+AEA-pacbell.net+AD4-
Date: Friday, May 08, 1998 4:30 AM
Subject: drag race corolla update caution long

problem areas that I need help with still
+AD4-    1) throttle position sensor ? how can I tell (what test can I perform)
+AD4-if its compatible with the buck computer Toyota is a 4 connector type and
does not look like I can modify the buick piece and it goes the other
way?(using the Toyota throttle body its bigger)

Hook up an ohmmeter to find out if it is resistance, and then two
should be a fixed value, and one sweep between them.  The
resistance of a stock gm is 6K outside to outside, and the wiper
varies across that.
I'd wire the ecm to it and see if ya can get a sweep of less than .5
v at idle, to at least 4.8v but not over 4.9 at WOT.
  I'd bet there is both a clockwise, and C-clockwise GM TPS.

+AD4-    2) cam position?  still don't know where/how the sensor gets its
trigger
+AD4-from. is there a spinning magnet (Frederic did you take those pictures?)

It's a hall effect so it needs to see a steel shutter.

If the toyo was a coil within the distributor trigger, with about 1K
ohms resistance might think about the Syclone 749 ecm, no
crank or cam with that one, just dizzy..

+AD4-    3) ecu power?  does it run off 12v,ideas on when it shoud power
up, how should I regulated, does it need to be and fuse size

Two power connections, one to key, one always on for memory.
10A I beleive on key, for race car I'd use one for memory (ie 3).
+AD4-
+AD4-any input accepted
+AD4-Duane Reed
+AD4-