Spark plugs/injectors

Dennis fagunddj at is2.dal.ca
Sat May 9 12:06:10 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Barrett <danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au>
To: DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <DIY_EFI at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Saturday, May 09, 1998 6:45 AM
Subject: Spark plugs/injectors

Check the mitsubishi motors site.  They have a direct injection system that
does just this as does the OMC outboard marine injection.  They use a
distinct injector within the cylinder head supplied at very high pressure.
The mitsubishi site has a good description .

Hope I have helped

Dennis Fagundo

fagunddj at is2.dal.ca
dfagundo at ibl.bm

Technical University of Nova Scotia

>Does anyone know if it is possible to get spark plugs with fuel injectors
>built in.......  Stuff Cut........There is one problem with this - It is
>very hard to get a reliable combustion from mixtures leaner than 18:1.
There
>is a solution to this problem (from what my Thermodynamics textbook says).
>This is by charging the cylinder with a non-uniform mixture. ie: around
>14.5:1 around the spark plug, and virtually nothiing elsewhere (where
>required). This, it has called "stratified charging." Apparently, engines

Stuff cut