Water injection and racing & more

Matthew Harding mharding at qonline.com.au
Sun May 10 13:25:26 GMT 1998

At 09:23  7/05/98 +0100, you wrote:
>This was a common device used by some of the thundersaloon teams to cool
>off disks , the ammount of water used is minimal, and it won't go on the
>track as the heat on the disks vaporises any residue fluid...
>
>As for DIY EFI, I don't think that it has much to do with it, though
>neither has Aero engines, catalytic cracking, ceramic coatings et al, I
>for one am happy that we have an eclectic mix of 'performance' and
>technical subjects on this list.
>
>Rob Humphris

Rob,

How are you involved with these 'thundersaloons' ?

do you know what sort of device they are using to trigger the water to
squirt onto the discs ?

or was it manual, under the driver's control ?

and thanks, from the amount of stuff I read on this list, how much is
really about DIY EFI ?

but about that subject...

I know I am going backwards, but I am trying to design/build an analog
injection system...  and I need help with one part of the circuit...

I need a voltage controlled Pulse width modulator....

I need something that will accept an input voltage between 0 and 5 V...
and a clock pulse

and depending on the input voltage, output a pulse who's width varies
linearly...

have i explained this right

so say there's a clock pulse, and the input voltage is 0V, I want a puls of
2ms to be the output....

if there;s a clock pulse, and the input voltage is 5V, I want a pulse of
6ms to be output....

5V				       *
				    *
4V				 *
			      *
3V			   *
			*
2V		     *
		  *
1V	       *
	    *
0V	 *

	2ms	3ms	4ms	5ms	6ms

bit like that.....

can anyone help me?  I do not want to use any microprocessors in the
design....

thanks