Pressure Sensor for Flow Bench

Tony Bryant Tony.Bryant at psc.fp.co.nz
Sun May 10 21:00:55 GMT 1998

> Hey, anybody up for a DIY FlowBench?

As, it happens, I'm also building a DIY FlowBench. May I enquire:

1) What are you using for (a) blower(s)?

2) Can you publish your thyristor speed controller circuit, or at
least give us some rough details?

FYI:

I'm currently using a hotted up garden leafblower, but I'm only
getting 10" @ 100 CFM. (Its also very loud).

I'm using the PWM circuit out of the back of the Motorola Thyristor
book, but it's kinda pulsey in this application.

And a mechanical pressure sender (a modified carb
secondary vaccum modulator, hooked to a pot) as the feedback to the
motor controller.

I'm using an uncalibrated flap style MAF (I will calibrate on some
known heads)

Cheers.