Grand National engine question

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun May 10 22:35:07 GMT 1998

Subject: Re: Grand National engine question

>Bruce, It is supposed to be from an 84 I am not sure.
>>

>>>I think that I can get a buick grand national engine <3.8 turbo>
>for
>>>great price. The only problem is that the computer and wiring
>harness
>>>have been trashed. The original car now has 350 chevy with a holley
>4
>>>bbl. Does anyone have a suitable computer and harness available?
>Any
>>>sugestions?

This 3.8 is EFI, right?.   If so then my earlier statements stand, but
use a 148 ecm, even if not intercooled, and Jay Carter over at the
Gn-Ttype list will be able to do a good chip for that.
Also a program called Tweaker over ther for the 148 does a couple
things, not a full editor, again for the 148.
The 148 has been pretty well been x-rayed.
Cheers
Bruce