Holdens a little info

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Mon May 11 02:09:26 GMT 1998

Actually, the normally aspirated 3L is the RB-30E, and the Turbo is the
RB-30ET. RB-30E has comp. ratio of 9:1, and the RB-30ET has comp. ratio of
7.5:1, so obviously, they have different heads. Even still, both have
problems with cracking heads, so you have to be careful not to everheat
them. Even still, I've heard of a RB-30ET getting 470 HP, and another (with
a little bit of nitrous) getting 670 HP. Not bad from a 3L engine...