Pressure Sensor for Flow Bench

bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com
Mon May 11 05:04:43 GMT 1998

Gar

I remembered why I was looking at those blowers.  For a High Volume
Low Pressure paint syatem.  The guns aren't two pricey, but the
turbines are outlandish.  So if you build a flow bench, you can also
do HVLP painting.  Probably several guns at once.
I ended up with a GRACO high pressure airless rig.  No, not for the
same job.  The GRACO is to spray elasotmeric on my roof.
It looked like powder coating was goin to be preferable to HVLP  for
engine and small parts.  Maybe Ron will share his knowledge on whats
needed to do a good powder coating job.   I have seen some excellent
work and one fuselage where the inside of the joints was bare.  I
have a pretty good sandblast set up so just about every project makes
me wonder about powder coating.  My electric lo-rider bike frame got
a quote of $50 and it was sandblasted.  Thats as much as it cost to
build the bike.  I gave it a coat of clear spray paint and moved on.

Bob McKnight
Phx AZ