No Subject

Charles Hatcher Charles.Hatcher at jcu.edu.au
Tue May 12 04:09:59 GMT 1998

Dear All,
	I am new to this mailing list so I hope this is not an irrelevant question
(can I ask questions or am I only allowed to post extremely up to date,
relevant articals).
	Anyway, I have a factory turbo charged and fuel injected honda engine in
my car. The problem is the computer(denshigiken) is a fuel only type. I can
modify my fuel maps but my ignition is controlled strictly by mechanical
and vacuum advance. I read an article on the developement of an
electronically controlled, distributerless ign. system on your home page. I
was wondering how successfull this was. I don't want to move to completely
programmable fuel injection (mainly because of the cost but was wondering
if you guys would be interested in selling easy to follow plans or a kit or
a fully made item?? I don't know what the deal is when it comes to these
sort of things.
	The motor has two inductive type crank angle sensors on the end of the
camshaft. The first is run by a magnetic lobe on a shaft with a single
trigger point. There is also a four pointed trigger (similar to that found
in an electronic distributer)on the same shaft that must have something to
do with injector firing?
	Do you think the signal from either of these could be used, or would I
have to set up so sort of reflective signal on the crankshaft pulley?
Thanks for giving this some consideration
Charles Hatcher