Spark plugs/injectors

Charles Hatcher Charles.Hatcher at jcu.edu.au
Tue May 12 06:45:29 GMT 1998

I have an injected, turboed CVCC 1200 motor in my car which puts out
140bhp. Before that I had the ES1800 CVCC dual carb 86 Prelude motor which
put out 135hp. I bent the cvcc valves on that so I took them out and
plugged the holes. Then I disconected the third carby (CVCC only). The
thing didn't lose any hp but it did get a slightly rough idle.
CVCC are great for turbos because you can run high boost such as 20lbs with
a standard head and gasket etc. This is primarily because of the stratified
charge. Detonation is much less likely to occur. Ie there is much less
chance of a second flame front developing in the lean main combustion
chamber before the rich precombustion mixture is ignited.