GM ECM Flash programmer

kenkelly at lucent.com kenkelly at lucent.com
Tue May 12 14:32:43 GMT 1998

Jody,
	Thanks for the pointer. I'm not in the business, just a
weekend tinkerer. $3700 is not in my budget. I only paid
$2500 for my 96 camaro engine & trans that I'm putting in my
Street rod!!!

	Does anyone know of a more reasonably priced solution for
the individual. Hypertech is the only solution I've found
that could be in my budget. There are a couple of nice
shareware Eprom editors out there now. It's time to move on
to the EEprom systems. I'm willing to try and come up with a
simple piece of software to read and write the EEprom, but I
haven't found any documents about the protocol GM used.

	If we could copy the EEprom to a bin, we might be able to
start disassembling the LT1 programming. Just need the Peek
and Poke protocol to get started. I have the ECM.

		Ken