Pressure Sensors & ION Eyes

goflo at pacbell.net goflo at pacbell.net
Tue May 12 15:36:59 GMT 1998

Gar -

> Well, yeah, that's what I always thot was the point of them Dwyer
> two-piece pitot tubes, one to measure static, the other dynamic

Exactly. Was trying to separate the two parameters (pressure and
velocity) for clarity. Failed dismally. Oh well.

> you HAVE to assume the velocity profile of the plumbing you're
> using, in order to get FLOW, don'tcha?

Idea is to measure pressure and velocity in a tube of known diameter -
Velocity profile of such is uncomplicated, accurately dimensioned
pieces of pipe are easy to fab, and your 12" long 3" dia duct (to
pick some numbers) should give very similar results to mine.
Similar considerations apply to FI app.

I like your MAF idea - I'm willing to cal them on my bench. I'm sure
we can work out a protocol that'll put us all on the same page. Of
course where (and if!) NBS is in my bench's lineage is another matter.

Jack