ION Eyes

H. J. Zivnak bztruck at email.msn.com
Tue May 12 18:57:14 GMT 1998

Well Alice, things keep getting curiouser and curiouser........

I was poking around at http://www.mecel.se/ on the patents page (with links
to fifteen different patents,including the original one!) when I spotted a
note that reads "Some of the patents listed below were originally issued the
the name of Saab-Scania AB, but have been transferred to Mecel AB when Mecel
became a wholly owned subsidiary of Delco Electronics Corp." A dim light
came on and I thought I remembered something about GM buying Saab. I checked
it out this morning and sure enough.... Saab is a division of GM/Opel! (Sort
of a Saab story <G>)

On their partners page Mecel has Delco Electronics and Delphi Automotive
Systems at the top of the list. Imagine that!

For those of you not familiar with the Delphi name, this is the group
responsible for selling GM products and technology to other OEMs.

Check out delphiauto.com/energy/energycatalog.html . Click on Ignition
Subsystems and (you guessed it!) you'll find "Ion Sense Ignition".

If its not under the hood of your Chevy today, it will probably be soon.

Have fun,
Joe