"Black Oak"

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Tue May 12 22:29:41 GMT 1998

There was some comment previously about a powerPC for automotive
applications.  Here's a bit of info that I got from a friend of mine
over at Summerset:

See:  Electronic Design, April 6, 1998 for
more details.  They call it "a full data aquisition, data
processing, and control system all integrated onto a single
piece of silicon."  I recommend tracking down this article.
See if anyone has it, or if you can find it on the web.

It has a 32-bit 40MHz POwerPC core (unsure of which one), an FPU,
flash memory, static RAM, plus a memory controller, A-to-D converters,
CAN 2.0B controllers, timer-processor units, UARTs, and some
other stuff.

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems