Reprogramming LT1 PCM from 6-Speed to 40L60E

kenkelly at lucent.com kenkelly at lucent.com
Thu May 14 20:02:53 GMT 1998

Folks,
	I had started a thread on Flash programming the 8051 PCM.
My interest was in tweaking it. I just discovered that my
PCM is from a 6 Speed car and I am putting it on a Camaro
LT1 & 4L60E. I have to completely reprogram the PCM!

	Any ideas!! I have heard that your local GM dealer will
reprogram it if you give them a valid VIN. Anyone had
experience trying this? What can I expect to pay for the
service? Would it be cheaper to buy a PCM from an Automatic
car?

	I have been considering the Hypertech, but I think I would
have to buy a $100( price is my guess) custom chip from them
with the new download in addition to the PP+. That means
over $500 list for the pieces to do my own upgrade.

	I've seen several comments about $50 ECM's in the junkyard.
I assume these are older models. I think I can get an 8051
for about $100. I'll have a spare PCM then. Anyone seen the
8051 for less than $100.

	I think a few of the EFI shops will do the reprogram for
~$100. Really would like to spend the dough to get my own
reprogramming capability, but I would need the new ROM image
and the ability to reprogram.

		Ken