Bench Testing ecm-Please Read

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 16 11:47:12 GMT 1998

Again for the moment this is in reference to gm type ecms.
Here at Cone Shaped Hat World Headquarters we're still gathering
parts, for bench testing ecms, and another thought has ocurred to me.
  Shortly I'll be able to fire up an ecm with a rpm input, VSS, tps,
coolant, IAT, map, and hopefully a closed loop O2.  Then at the
injector/ign end I'll have a dual trace scope, and a recorder type
scanner at the aldl.
  So then I'll be able to verify prom locations, and net res.
My question then is this,  What type/name/nomenclature/devise
would allow me to change the prom without having to reburn it.
An emulator would but that is quessing blindly for addresses right?.
  Would it take a laptop to drive, this other devise?.
  Has anyone tried the above?.  I imagine gm has exactly what I
need but wouldn't give me one, even for educational use..
  Other than needing 3 more O2 inputs would a OBDII ecm need
anything more in the way of inputs?.
  Cheers
Bruce   All I need now is an EGOR for detecting neural misfirings
             when wearing my Cone Shaped Hat