Solved ignition noise problem...thanks all!

Michael Farrugia mikefarr at hotmail.com
Sat May 16 20:46:44 GMT 1998

Is the 3 Amp diode in series for protection against reverse polarity
connection ?  If it is I have done this in another way - I have put a
diode in reverse direction in parallel with the whole circuit, then the
whole is connected to the battery through a high currect fuse.  Like
this if the circuit is connected wrongly the diode becomes a short
circuit and blows the fuse.  The fuse can also be made some 10A so that
it does not drop any signifigant voltage.
Sorry if I went off track but I think the above is a good idea.
Michael