4.3 TBI

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon May 18 02:17:47 GMT 1998

I have a 4.3 TBI  GM v6 and would like to get more H.P. out of it as
>cheaply as possible.  So my current plan of attack is to increase the
>throttle body size and install a more aggressive camshaft.  Are the TBI
>units for the v8 truck engines similar with larger bore sizes?

As far as I know there are 3 sizes of butterflies in the gm TBI,
1.6", 1.8", and 2.0".    There are also two styles of TPS.
Course, there is the option of getting some Holley butterflies
and remachining the bores.  Holley also has replacement oversized
ones.

 Are
>there any camshafts that can be used with the balance shaft.

Calling Crane Cams outta FL or Competition Cams out of Memphis
TN, good starts.