0 280 150 215 flow rate

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue May 19 06:45:27 GMT 1998

>> Thanks, Jim (Scott ??), any help would be greatly appreciated.  This
>> injector comes from one of our locally produced Fordsof the mid 80's which
>> used a 4.1L straight 6.  It would be perfect for an application I have in
>> mind as it uses an O-ring seal at each end, but at 214cc/min it would be
>> marginal at best, while 250cc/min would be excellent.
>

>this should flow 250 cc if you jack the pressure to 50psi from 37

OK, but is an increase such as this (about 30%) likely to adversely affect
the operation of the injector ??  I'd be interested to know what
experiences others on the list have with raised rail pressures and its
effects on the injectors - what levels can you go to over 'stock' before
things go 'belly up' ??.

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089