Fuel injector mathematics

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed May 20 06:11:14 GMT 1998

>Thanks for the responses to my question!
>
>>cc/min x .1902044  =  HP/cylinder
>
>Let me throw in a bit more to the mix.  Does that formula only apply at 3
>bar fuel pressure?  Is there another part to the formula?

Well cc/min is dependant on pressure (obviously), but once you have a flow
rate for a given pressure it is a relatively simple matter to recalculate
for different pressures (given the formula that someone else posted
recently).  IOW, I don't think this formula is only valid at 3 bar (44 psi)
and I'm pretty sure there's no parts missing.  Mind you, I'm not suggesting
that this is the absolute best method for these calculations, ie the
results should only be used as a guide.

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089