Ford V8 efi

Smith, G. Ray smith at littongcs.com
Wed May 20 16:42:19 GMT 1998

Hi All,

I have been lurking for a while and have noticed that there is
not much Ford stuff here.  My question is for a Ford, however
it is generic enough for this group.

My engine is a High Performance 289 with; ported Winsdor jr
heads, 600 cfm double pumper carb sitting on a single plane
intake; full length headers; 2 ½ inch exhaust. The solid lifter
camshaft is; 228 deg (at .050) intake with .476 lift,
exhaust 244 deg with .512 lift and on 108 deg lobe centers.
This cam has a very lumpy idle at about 1100 rpm and makes
for a very rich idle. I have been told that most efi systems will
have a difficult time achieving a good idle with this combination,
and the knock sensor will not work with the solid lifter cam.

The system I have been contemplating is late model Ford V8
using my intake with the Ford mass air flow sensor.
I would mount the injectors on the intake manifold.

TIA,  Ray