Funky Conversion Questions

Dupree, Robert A. rdupree at Sidley.com
Wed May 20 17:57:16 GMT 1998

New list member here.  I will warn you guys right now I'm going to be coming
at you with a bunch of questions, but I will look through the archive first.

Engine:  '95 Camaro LT-1
Car:  Audi 5000CS Quattro

Current Status:  Engine is bolted to the tranny adapter, getting ready to do
the wiring...

Question 1:  Is it worth going through the hassle of converting the stock
engine short harness for use in this conversion or should I just go to
someone like Painless?  They make a kit 60501 which fits the engine and
serves its functions only.

Question 2:  I believe that the Audi VSS is a two pulse unit.  What
additional specs do I need to know to correctly convert the signal for use
with the GM ECU?

Question 3:  When bolting this engine to the stock Audi 016 tranny, do I
need to fool the ECU in anyway since it came from an automatic car?

Thanks,
Bob Dupree
	'87 Audi LT-1Q (In Skunk Works)
	'87 Toyota 4-Runner SR5 Turbo