re 0 280 150 215 flow rate

Rich Mauruschat rsrich at mcmail.com
Wed May 20 21:18:22 GMT 1998

Hi all,
I am trying to maintain a list of injector flowrates and applications as
I come across them which I am happy to copy if you are interested. I
would also be grateful for any you may have to add to my list.
I have spoken to Bosch in th UK on occasions, they seem happy to confirm
details providing you can speak to the right person! They quote static
flows (cc/min at a test pressure - usually the recommended operating
pressure) and a dynamic flow, which they quote in cc/1000cycles, which
takes account of the opening and closing times of the injector and the
non-linearities during those periods. For example, for 0 280 150 215 the
static flow is quoted at 214cc/min and dynamic flow at 5.77 cc/1000cyc.
at 2.5 bar. This is intended to provide a more representative figure for
"real life", unfortunately I have yet to establish what the test
criteria are for this "1000 cycles", ie what is the 'on/off' durations
of the 'cycle'; Bosch seemed unable to tell me! (or maybe unwilling?).

On the subject of injector size relating to power, my understanding is:
As a rule of thumb (assuming reasonable efficiencies and sensible
everyday engine configurations), to produce 120 bhp requires a fuel
consumption of 8 (imperial)gallons per hour. This works back to approx.
5cc/min per bhp; this correlates well with the calculation quoted on the
diy_efi list recently,

<cc/min x .1902044  =  HP/cylinder
<(eg 150cc/min injector = 28.5 HP/cylinder,

Hope this info is useful.
Best regards

Richard Mauruschat
rsrich at mcmail.com