Ford V8 efi

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Wed May 20 22:00:22 GMT 1998

Smith, G. Ray wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been lurking for a while and have noticed that there is
> not much Ford stuff here.  My question is for a Ford, however
> it is generic enough for this group.
>
> My engine is a High Performance 289 with; ported Winsdor jr
> heads, 600 cfm double pumper carb sitting on a single plane
> intake; full length headers; 2 ½ inch exhaust. The solid lifter
> camshaft is; 228 deg (at .050) intake with .476 lift,
> exhaust 244 deg with .512 lift and on 108 deg lobe centers.
> This cam has a very lumpy idle at about 1100 rpm and makes
> for a very rich idle. I have been told that most efi systems will
> have a difficult time achieving a good idle with this combination,
> and the knock sensor will not work with the solid lifter cam.
>
> The system I have been contemplating is late model Ford V8
> using my intake with the Ford mass air flow sensor.
> I would mount the injectors on the intake manifold.
>
> TIA,  Ray
Look at a 5.0 litre HO system - should just about bolt on to the 289, as
260, 289, and 302, as well as 351W engines are very close relatives. The
tuned intake of the 5.0 would likely be an advantage, and, well, it
LOOKS neet.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!