ION and EGOR

Silicon Challenged expert_not at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 10:22:20 GMT 1998

Having just started lurking, quick questions:

ION and EGOR are going to be seperate - I hope - please?

Might want to use multiple EGORS depending on exhaust plumbing.  Would
hate to run V-6 dual exhaust on pick left or right bank only.

Please leave the plumbing decisions to the engine builder and not force
single exhaust for the world just to get the benefit of EGOR.

Do you need multiple ION's if you are running coil per plug like Buick
V-6s or has someone figured out how to electrically switch these units
between plugs. If not, then multiple IONs mean wasted electronics and
expense for unused EGORs

Would hate to have to build 6 units and have 4 excess EGORS

Combining the two would only be right for single exhaust mechanical
distributer.  But if the circuit was available, guess the few of us that
don't fit the combined mold could build our own.

Please Please Please - keep it simple and seperate so that all of us can
use them.  And hopefully simple enough so that it is not so specialized
that it can't be adapted to "non standard" engines.

When the cost is all weighed out, I think maybe the difference will be
so low that it won't be worth it to combine them and kill the rest of
us.

                                        Thanks