Electric Fuel Pump

Mike Hoenes MHoenes at dhr.state.nc.us
Thu May 21 11:59:34 GMT 1998

what are the  stats on the VW Bosch and the Nippondenso pumps mentioned
below?  if can support port injection, isnt that overkill for a TBI?
 ----------
From: Clare Snyder
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump
Date: Wed, May 20, 1998 5:52PM

Mike Turner wrote:

> I'm looking for a manufacturer and part number for an OEM electric fuel
pump to be mounted external to the fuel tank for a 1985 Chevy 350 van
getting a '727 TBI conversion. Non-GM parts are OK but the van owner wants
OEM or NAPA type stuff, not the after-market Holleys and such. He's
concerned about availability during sojourns to exotic and interesting
places to autocross. Any suggestions? What makes and models used an external
electric fuel pump?
 You would likely be best looking at Bosch - VW, Audi, early Toyota,
Volvo, etc. The Toyota stuff will say Nippondenso. I know '79 - '81
Supras used external, not sure how much later. Alternative is a buffer
tank with the HP pump inside it, and a LP pump feeding it.
 --
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!