Gads Spark attack-decay

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu May 21 12:38:37 GMT 1998

From: Chris Conlon <synchris at ricochet.net>
Subject: RE: Gads Spark attack-decay

>Should I take it as given that you get maximum power with maximum
>spark advance, just short of ping? Not trying to stir up trouble, or
>asking for God's Word on stone, just wondering. It *seems* like it
>should be so, but what do I know? (And how about advance vs. emissions?)
>
>   Chris C.

Seems to be two schools of thought on this.  Some want to run at
the verge of "ping", and my personal favorite, is as little as possible
consentant with best torque.  First one is easy to tune to the second
much more time consuming.........
  I beleive a safe statement would be as you recover more power from
burning a mixture NOX raises.
  Next the more fuel you burn CO raises (ignoring lean misses).
  Next the better you burn the fuel drops HC....
Please feel free to use the word react in lieu of burn.
Let's see how this flies..
Cheers
Bruce