GM Speedo Speed Sensor

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Thu May 21 18:51:31 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:
> >Unfortunately I don't know what ECM came with the motor, I neglected to
> >look at it before I put it in the dash.  Maybe someone here knows?  The
> >motor is a TBI 350 from a '91 Caprice police car.  Any guess what ECM
> >runs it?
>
> Probably a 16136965, nice one, has some sort of lean cycle to it for
> mileage.  Down side sets codes easy.
> If you change much engine wise, it'll be a bear, to work with.
> I tried using it before the 747, before I knew there were tables other than
> in the kitchen.

Interesting.  I don't plan on modifying it any time soon, it was hard
enough just getting it in there!  I'd like to find out more about it,
any suggestions on where to look?  It's only set a code once, knock
sensor.  Maybe that's because I accidently set the motor down on the
knock sensor one time and crunched it.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet