ION and EGOR

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Fri May 22 05:17:27 GMT 1998

On Thu, 21 May 1998 22:36:19 -0400, "Thor Johnson"
<thormj at earthlink.net> wrote:

>  Not a per-bank thingus (IIRC), but the Nissan 300ZX has 2 EGO's:
>1 Before Cat & 1 After Cat.  I dunno what they are supposed to do
>(cept maybe tell the mechanic that you bypassed the cat!)

Yes, that's a completely diff. thing, and actually I thot OBD2 required
the post-catalytic converter to detect conditions which would
significantly hobble it, hence the other reqr'mnt for being able to
detect misfire, which directly leads to converter overload.

NO, the question had to do with TWO primary EGO sensors being used in a
dual exhaust production car, and the mix being regulated on a per-bank
basis. ANY other examples, please?

Gar