Ford V8 efi

Smith, G. Ray smith at littongcs.com
Fri May 22 16:46:21 GMT 1998

If you want handling, lowered A arms, stiffer springs, and a good sway
bar will make a dramatic difference.  To make a 289 perform, use a good
set of aftermarket heads, cam, full length headers, intake and no more than
a 600 cfm carb.  OOPS, I mean a good injector setup, almost forgot where I
was!
A good place to start is the Mustang mags that feature the early cars.
I got a lot of my stuff from Sacramento Mustang and Pro Motorsports.

Yes I want to go to injection.  I would like to use the Ford EEC-IV ECU and
adapt the MAF and throttle body to my victor jr (carb type) manifold which
has
cast in bosses for injectors.  I believe I would have to use the rpm
extender
box and somewhat larger injectors than a  stock 5.0.
Any comments from the group on this idea?

Thanks,  Ray